Choir with No Name Privacy Statement
At the Choir with No Name, we take the protection of your privacy very seriously. We take good care to safeguard your personal data and process this data fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR).This privacy statement tells you what we will do with your personal information when you get in touch with us.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about any part of this policy, please contact our data protection officer:
The Choir with No Name
18-20 Union Street
Or email: email@example.com
When and why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal data in a variety of ways and for a variety of reasons, all of which are with your explicit consent:
- If you join one of our choirs we’ll take your details so we can contact you about choir activities, or be able to offer extra support and signposting to external services.
- We may also process the personal data of choir members for safeguarding purposes.
- If you volunteer with us we need your personal details and those of your emergency contacts so we can manage our volunteer teams effectively and safely.
- We may ask you to take part in a survey to measure the impact of our work, or your views on how we are doing.
- If you fundraise for us or make a donation we retain information about you and your charitable giving to keep track of our fundraising and income (and also so that we can say thank you!)
- If you sign up to our e-newsletter or join our fan club, we will ask for your email address so we can send you lovely updates about what we’re up to and how you are helping us to keep singing.
- If you apply for a job or volunteer role, we need to store your personal details to process your application.
- If you engage with our organisation in a business capacity we may store your contact details in our database for professional and organisational development reasons.
When providing details about yourself you can be confident that:
- We will not share, swap or sell your details to other organisations for marketing or fundraising purposes. We may share your details with external parties where absolutely necessary, such as with HMRC for the processing of Gift Aid, when gathering impact measurement data using third party survey platforms or in relation to safeguarding.
- Any personal information you provide is confidential and stored securely.
- Any sensitive personal data we hold is only accessible to relevant members of staff in order to deliver our services in accordance with our safeguarding policy and procedures.
- We will endeavour to keep your data as accurate and up to date as possible. Please do let us know if you think your personal data needs updating.
- We will not keep your data for any longer than necessary and will delete the data once we no longer need it, unless legally obliged to retain it for our records.
- You have the right to request a copy of all data we hold on you, as well as the 'right to be forgotten' (request that all data we hold on you is deleted or anonymised). If you would like to exercise your right to request your data, or be forgotten, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will implement your request within the required 30 days.
We may share your details with external parties where absolutely necessary, such as with HMRC for the processing of Gift Aid, or when gathering impact measurement data using third party survey platforms.
You can read more about your data rights on the ICO website:
Marketing and fundraising communications
We adhere to an opt-in system for our e-newsletters and fundraising communications, so we will only ever contact you if you have given us explicit consent to do so, either by joining our fan club, downloading a fundraising tool kit, claiming a place in a challenge event, or signing up to our e-newsletter either online or on paper at one of our gigs.
If you sign up via www.choirwithnoname.org, these details are temporarily stored on our website, but are systematically downloaded and deleted on a regular basis. Your details are then stored on our secure cloud based storage system (Sharepoint) and added to our supporter database, hosted by Blackbaud Europe. Blackbaud offers Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) or Model Clauses as a mechanism to provide appropriate safeguards for the protection of personal data for UK data protection purposes. You can read the ICO’s instructions here.
You can remove yourself from the mailing list anytime via the link to unsubscribe at the bottom of every newsletter or by emailing email@example.com and requesting your email address is removed from the list. If you wish, you can also request all data we hold on you be deleted or anonymised.
If you get in touch via the web form on our Contact Us page you have the option to include your email address, postcode or phone number. As with our newsletter sign up function, we delete this data from our website on a regular basis and do not store personal data from these messages unless absolutely necessary in order to respond and complete work relating to the message content.
In accordance with GDPR UK regulations, we are obliged to retain documented evidence of individuals opting in to receive communications from us, either electronically, on paper or verbally. This data is filed in our supporter database and cloud storage system and/or paper filing system, depending on the manner in which the individual opted in.
Making a donation
If you are donating to us via our online donation form, offline via our standing order form or when sending a donation in the post with accompanying personal data, your contact details and information about your donation will be kept on our secure supporter database (hosted by Blackbaud) in order to keep an official record of historical financial transactions for our organisation.
We use Blackbaud Merchant Services and GoCardless to process our online donations and direct debits which are stored directly in our donor database when donations are received. We do not have access to debit or credit card details, and all financial details stored on our donor database are encrypted. When donating, you will be asked to fill out your postal address and contact details for the purposes of reclaiming Gift Aid on your donation. Legally we are obliged to store donation data for Gift Aid and accounting purposes for a minimum of five years after the last donation. These details are also stored on our donor database.
If you have made a donation to us and have provided contact information, we may contact you regarding the donation (eg. if there is a problem receiving the funds, or to acknowledge receipt of payment) but will only contact you with marketing communications if you have opted in to receiving our e-newsletter.
Google Analytics – we use this tool to understand how the site is being used in order to improve it for our users by making it easier to use and more accessible. User data is all anonymous.
Sometimes we embed content from external sources on our website. The most common kind of content embedded on the site are videos from YouTube and our Twitter feed. These services may collect statistics and information on your use of the embedded content, so please check their specific privacy policies.
Last updated: Mar 2023