CWNN Watford - The very first CWNN community choir is launching soon and they need your help! If you would like to join the launch committee to help kick start this exciting new singing group, contact Helen on email@example.com or Call/Text/WhatsApp 07508 937 752. Join the CWNN Watford facebook page here to keep up to date with all choir news.
We are looking for people who are interested in becoming a part of our new CWNN Watford community choir to form a ‘Launch Committee’ and help us kick off the choir and give it the best chance of success. CWNN Watford is the first Choir with No Name community choir welcoming members who have been affected by homelessness and members from the wider community. The choir will also be run by and for the members, so there will be plenty of opportunity for people to play a role in shaping and running the choir, as well as a chance to learn new skills.
The purpose of the launch committee is for the CWNN Watford to learn from people with relevant experience before launching, so that we can make sure that our choir members have the best possible experience and the choir is a roaring success from the get go!
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a mixture of people for the Watford Launch Committee, including:
- People with lived experience of homelessness
- People with experience of working with homelessness projects
- People with experience of fundraising including obtaining grant funding
- People with expertise in creating healthy & delicious meals
- People with experience of running music or arts projects
- People with communications and PR experience
- People who support the aims of the Choir With No Name
- People who love to sing with others (regardless of singing ability)
Committee members would be asked to…
- Attend monthly committee meetings while the choir is launching and for the first three months of rehearsals
- Attend rehearsals regularly during this period (this is important as it allows you to give us feedback about rehearsals)
Committee members would help…
- Spread the word about the choir
- Audition a Choir Director
- Give us feedback on how rehearsals could be improved
- Make our rehearsals as welcoming as possible
What will you get out of it?
We are really excited about starting Choir with No Name Watford and hope you will be too! Being part of this committee will give you the chance to use your experience to shape a unique project in Watford which will help people going through a tough time in our community.
"At Choir With No Name everybody’s welcoming and we like to look after each other. I enjoy feeling like I can offer some support and guidance to other members, because I’ve been where they are. Since being in the choir I’ve managed to get through a difficult part of my life and now I feel able to say to others ‘this is what you can do, because this is what worked for me."- Steve, CWNN Bimingham member
Being part of a committee like this one is a valuable experience. It can help to grow communication and organisational skills, and is a great addition to a CV.
Finally, we hope you’ll enjoy being a part of our community - both within the committee and the choir!
If you’d like to know more, please contact Helen McGregor on 07508937752 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a chat.
About CWNN Community Choirs
We have recently launched a new kind of Choir with No Name choir, in which choir members are recruited from across the whole community (including people without lived experience of homelessness). We are looking for excited individuals or organisations who have the drive and passion to get this going in their community (with LOADS of help from us!). You don't need to be a choir director (although enquiries from those are very welcome too) but you do need to love singing and believe in our values of family, fun, integrity and inclusion.